Correction of Lipid and Hemostatic Disorders in Patients at High Risk of Cardiovascular Death
Aim — to study the peculiarities of lipid and coagulation abnormalities in high risk patients, and also the possibilities of their correction with statin therapy.
Methods. 102 patients were studied, 1 group included patients with LDL 3.0-3.9 mmol/l (n=59), who received atorvastatin 40 mg daily with titration to 80 mg daily, 2 group — patients with LDL ≥4.0 mmol/l (n=48), who received rosuvastatin 10 mg daily with titration to 20 mg daily.
Results. In the 1 group of patients, after 24 weeks mean LDL level decreased by 43.3% (p<0.001), 51 patients (94.4%) achieved target level of LDL. In the 2 group, mean LDL level decreased by 50.6% (p<0.001), 43 patients achieved target level of LDL. The mean level of Willebrand factor (vWf) (127.1±21.9% in the 1 group and 124 ± 34.8% in the 2 group) and D-dimer (1.0±0.6 μg/ml in the 1 group and 0.9 ± 0.5 μg/ml in the 2 group) was higher than before treatment.
In the patients of the 1 group, after 24 weeks of treatment fibrinogen levels decreased by 19.1% (p<0,001), vWf — by 20.5% (p<0,001). D-dimer levels — by 12% (p=0,046). Fibrinogen levels in the patients of the 2 group decreased by 23.5% (p<0,001), vWf — by 31.6% (p<0,001), D-dimer —by 33.3% (p=0,01) and starting time of ADF induced platelet aggregation increased by 11.8% (p=0,008).
Conclusions. Patients at high risk of cardiovascular death show the rise of vWf and D-dimer levelsalong with dyslipidemia. Statin treatment during 24 weeks leads to achievement of target levels of LDL, decreasing of endothelial dysfunction and also thrombogenic potential of the blood.
1. Ip S, Lichtenstein AH, Chung M, Lau J, Balk EM. Systematic Review: Association of Low-Density Lipoprotein Subfractions With Cardiovascular Outcomes. ANNINTERNMED. 2009;150:474-484.
2. Sokolov EI, Zykova AA, Sushchik VV, Goncharov IN. Blood viscosity in patients with ischemic heart disease. Kardiologiia. 2014;54(3):914. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.18565/cardio.2014.3.9-14
3. Engelberger RP, Limacher A, Kucher N,Baumann F, Silbernagel G, Benghozi R, Do DD, Willenberg T, Baumgartner I.Biological variation of established and novel biomarkers for atherosclerosis: Results from a prospective, parallel-group cohort study. ClinChimActa. 2015;447:16-22. doi: 10.1016/j.cca.2015.05.003
4. Sonneveld MA, Cheng JM, Oemrawsingh RM, de Maat MP, Kardys I, Garcia-Garcia HM, van Geuns RJ, Regar E, Serruys PW, Boersma E, Akkerhuis KM, Leebeek FW. Von Willebrand factor in relation to coronary plaque characteristics and cardiovascular outcome. Results of the ATHEROREMO-IVUS study. Thromb Haemost. 2015;113(3):577-84. doi: 10.1160/TH14-07-0589
5. METEOR: Does Rosuvastatin Benefit Low-Risk Patients? JournalWatchCardiology.2007; №27:1-1.
6. Rubanenko ОА.Correction of dyslipidemia in patients with coronary artery disease at high and very high risk. Aspirantskiy vestnik Povolzhya. Meditsina. Nauchnyie stati molodyih uchenyih.2009;3-4:65-68. (in Russ.).
7. Bolaman Z, Kadikoylu G, Ozgel N, Yenisey C. Effects of atorvastatin on coagulation parameters and homocysteine in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia. J Natl Med Assoc. 2006;98(8):1273-7.
8. Katsiki, D.P. Mikhailidis, M. Banach. Effects of statin treatment on endothelial function, oxidative stress and inflammation in patients with arterial hypertension and normal cholesterol levels. J. Hypertens. 2011;29:2493–2494.
9. Sahebkar A, Serban C, Mikhailidis DP , Undas A, Lip GY, Muntner P, Bittner V, Ray KK, Watts GF, Hovingh GK, Rysz J, Kastelein JJ, Banach M; Lipid and Blood Pressure Meta-analysis Collaboration (LBPMC) Group. Association between statin use and plasma D-dimer levels. A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Thromb Haemost. 2015;114(3):546-57. doi: 10.1160/TH14-11-0937.
10. Weng TC, Yang YH, Lin SJ, Tai SH. A systematic review and meta-analysis on the therapeutic equivalence of statins. J Clin Pharm Ther.2010;35(2):139-51.doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2710.2009.01085.x.
11. Sahebkar A, Serban C, Ursoniu S, Mikhailidis DP, Undas A, Lip GY, Bittner V, Ray K, Watts GF, Hovingh GK, Rysz J, Kastelein JJ, Banach M; Lipid and Blood Pressure Meta-analysis Collaboration (LBPMC) Group. The impact of statin therapy on plasma levels of von Willebrand factor antigen. Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised placebo-controlled trials. Thromb Haemost. 2016;115(3):520-32. doi: 10.1160/TH15-08-0620.
12. Tousoulis D, Antoniades C, Bosinakou E, Kotsopoulou M, Tsioufis C, Tentolouris C, Trikas A, Pitsavos C, Stefanadis C. Effects of atorvastatin on reactive hyperaemia and the thrombosis-fibrinolysis system in patients with heart failure. Heart. 2005;91(1):27-31.
13. Boneu B, Abbal M, Plante J, Bierme R. Factor VIII complex and endothelial damage. Lancet. 1975;30:325-333.
Rubanenko OA, Kirichenko NA, Fatenkov OV. Correction of Lipid and Hemostatic Disorders in Patients at High Risk of Cardiovascular Death. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2016(1):41-45.
Send an online application form to the publicationSend