Analysis of Morphological Parameters of Dental System with Gnathic form of Malocclusion Class III Using Simplyceph Software (Russia)
Mesiocclusion associated with asymmetric mandibular development is a gnathic form of mesiocclusion characterized by asymmetric deformation of the facial skeleton, requiring detailed examination to perform differential diagnostics. We need to analyze lateral teleroentgenogram of the head using «Simply Ceph» software, frontal teleroentgenogram of the head, multidetector computed tomography. According to scientific data, asymmetric mandibular development is much rarer in clinical practice. Etiology of this abnormality is not determined to date. It is believed that growth zones are activated in condyloid process and mandibular angle for unknown reasons.
Aim — to determine the morphological condition of stomatognathic system on the stages of rehabilitation after complex treatment of patients with asymmetric growth of mandible.
Materials and methods. We examined 40 patients with malocclusion class III aged from 16 to 40. The examined group included patients with malocclusion class III that corresponded to the certain degree of severity of the abnormality: Grade I - joining of the first permanent molars and canines for Class II Angle, displacement value does not exceed ½ of the first permanent molar cusp. Sagittal overjet is absent; the value of anterior crossbite is minimal, moderate or deep.
Results. During the stages of rehabilitation of patients with malocclusion class III and asymmetry of the mandible it is necessary to conduct a comprehensive study of facial and gnathic areas of dental system, analyze the results of radiodiagnosis of sagittal, transversal and vertical skull parameters.
Conclusion. Method of subcondylar vertical osteotomy helps to normalize the morphological state of dental system.
1. Postnikov MA. Optimizacijaortodonticheskogolechenijadetejsmezial'nojokkljuziejvperiodsmenyiposlesmenyzubov. [dissertation]. Samara: Samara State Medical University; 2016. (In Russ.).
2. Pankratova NV, Repina TV, Kolesov MA, Rodionova UV, Morozova KM, Mkrtchan AA. Comparative characteristics of third molars’position in patients at the age of 12-15 with sagittal occlusion abnormalities. Sbornik nauchnyh publicacij. 2016:125-130. (In Russ.).
3. Ponomarev IA, Gunko VI, Lezhava NL, Naser MK, Temporimandibular joints in the surgical correction of lower asymmetric macrognathia. VestnikRUDN:Medicina. 2003(5): 122-126. (In Russ.).
4. Kuznetsova GV, Markaryan LG, Rodivilova IB, Kuznetsov DA. Analysis of functional condition of stomatognathic system before and after treatment of mesiocclusion during the change of teeth. Aktual'nye voprosy prakticheskoj ortodontii i detskoj stomatologii. Samara. 2015: 38. (In Russ.).
5. Postnikov MA. Postnikov MA device for mesioclusion treatment. Stomatologija. 2011. (90)6:44-49. (In Russ.).
6. Gunko VI, Naser MK, Lezhava NL. Clinical picture and diagnostics of patients with one-sided upper and lower macrognathy. VestnikRUDN: Medicina. 2003 (5): 87-91. (In Russ.).
7. Gunko VI, Zandelov VL, Narcisov AT. Aesthetic and functional results of medical rehabilitation of patients with combined deformations of jaws. Vestnik RUDN: Medicina.2003(5): 92-95. (In Russ.).
8. Kuznetsova GV, Markaryan LG, Kuznetsov DA, Gunko OV, Novitskaya AD. Complex diagnostics and treatment of patients with mesioclusion and asymmetry of mandibular development. Ortodontiya.2016 (2): 17-26. (In Russ.).
9. Kuznetsova GV, Kuznetsov DA, Markaryan LG, Novitskaya AD. SimlyCephsoftware. Application and analysis of results. Aktual'nye voprosy prakticheskoj ortodontii i detskoj stomatologii. Samara. 2015: 47. (In Russ.).
10. Markaryan LG, Kuznetsova GV, Novitskaya AD, Kuznetsov DA, Batler MA. Comparison of morphological and functional parameters of stomatognathic system of patients with mesioclusion in different ages. Ortodontiya. 2016: 69. (In Russ.).
11. Markaryan LG, Kuznetsova GV, Gunko OV. Clinical and laboratory stages of manufacturing of Persin appliance for mesiocclusion treatment. Ortodontiya. 2014(2):32-38. (In Russ.).
Kuznetsova GV, Persin LS, Kuznetsov DA, Markaryan LG, Batler MA, Novitskaya AD, Rodivilova IB. Analysis of Morphological Parameters of Dental System with Gnathic Form of Malocclusion Class III Using Simplyceph Software (Russia). Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2016(2):14-19.
Send an online application form to the publicationSend