Analysis of the Results of Laboratory Studies of Oral Fluid and Blood Serum of Patients in the Retention Period of Orthodontic Treatment
In the course of complex treatment of patients with dentomaxillofacial abnormalities, two periods are distinguished: the period of active apparatus treatment and the retention period (consolidation of the results of orthodontic treatment). Ensuring the stability of the treatment results in patients with abnormalities of occlusion and irregular position of the teeth depends on the correct diagnosis and treatment plan. There are special methods, confirming the effectiveness of orthodontic treatment (anthropometric, radiological, photometric). Analysis of the results of laboratory studies of oral fluid and blood serum of patients who are in the retention period allows evaluation of the effectiveness of treatment and the stability of results.
Aim — studying of the results of laboratory indicators of oral fluid and blood serum of patients in the retention period of orthodontic treatment.
Material and methods. The total number of examined orthodontic patients was 156. At the first stage of the study, 96 patients were examined and divided into 3 groups. At the second stage, 60 people were examined (4th group). We performed the diagnostics of gingival crevicular fluid as the most promising material in terms of diagnostic capabilities, noninvasiveness and the ease of obtaining samples, and the possibility of re-taking of biomaterial. All the patients underwent the study of biochemical and immunological parameters of blood serum, oral and gingival fluid.
Results. At the end of treatment, biochemical indices are aligned, and osteoblastic activity decreases, which indicates the completion of the active adjustment and normalization of bony tissue.
1. d'Apuzzo F, Cappabianca S, Ciavarella D [et al.]. Biomarkers of Periodontal Tissue Remodeling during Orthodontic Tooth Movement in Mice and Men: Overview and Clinical Relevance. Scientific World Journal. 2013. doi:10. 1155 /2013 /105873 PMCID: PMC3655650
2. Nesterenko ON. The influence of retention period on the exchange of macro and micronutrients in the body. Ortodontiya. 2006. № 1(33): 74. (In Russ.).
3. Gil'miyarovа FN. Analiticheskie podkhody k izucheniyu pokazatelei metabolizma v rotovoi zhidkosti. M.: «Izvestiya». 2006. (In Russ.).
4. Golovina ES, Gil'miyarova FN, Tlustenko VP. Using metabolic indicators of oral fluid for evaluation of reparative osteogenesis during osteoplasty. Stomatologiya. 2013(3):56-58. (In Russ.).
5. Gizei EV, Akopova VA, Gulenko OV, Korochanskaya SP. Indicators of homeostasis of oral fluid as a criterion for the effectiveness of orthopedic treatment of secondary adentia. Kubanskii nauchnyi meditsinskii vestnik. 2013. №6(141):68. (In Russ.).
6. Perinetti G, Paolantonio M, D'Attilio M [et al.] Alkaline Phosphatase activity in gingival crevicular fluid during human orthodontic tooth movement. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2002.-122(5):548-56.
7. Mauri DA, Petrini M, Vitale D [et al.] Alkaline Phosphatase level in gingival crevicular fluid during treatment with Quad-Helix. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2015. - №29(4):1017-23.
8. Alhadlaq AM. Biomarkers of Orthodontic Tooth Movement in Gingival Crevicular Fluid: A Systematic Review. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2015.№ 16(7):578-87.
9. Batra P, Kharbanda O, Duggal R [et al.]. Alkaline Phosphatase activity in gingival crevicular fluid during canine retraction. Orthod Craniofac Res, 2006. 9(1):44-51.
10. Kalha AS, Kachiwala VA, Govardhan SN [et al.]. Redefining orthodontic space closure: sequential repetitive loading of the periodontal ligament — a clinical study. World J Orthod. 2010. №11(3):221-9.
11. Farahani M, Safavi SM, Dianat O [et al.]. Acid and Alkaline Phosphatase Levels in GCF during Orthodontic Tooth Movement. J Dent (Shiraz). 2015. - 16(3):237-45.
12. Iba K, Sonoda T, Takada J [et al.]. Further significant effects of eldecalcitol on bone resorption markers and bone mineral density in postmenopausal osteoporosis patients having undergone long-term bisphosphonate treatment. J Bone Miner Metab. 2016.-№(30):13.
Stepanov GV, Ayupova IO, Ulyanova LG. Analysis of the Results of Laboratory Studies of Oral Fluid and Blood Serum of Patients in the Retention Period of Orthodontic Treatment. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2016(2):29-32.
Send an online application form to the publicationSend