Tongue Cancer Surgery Evolution, new Technologies, Rehabilation and Qulity of Life
In this article we conducted an analysis of methods and results of surgical treatment of tongue cancer for the time period of 30 years. Different technologies of surgical treatment of tongue cancer, both with and without the reconstructive operation, were used during the analyzed period.
Aim — to improve the oncological and functional results of surgical treatment of the tongue squamous cell carcinoma. Within the few decades, the ideology of tongue cancer treatment has changed from simple resection to enhanced combined operation with one-stage reconstruction.
Materials and methods. The unprecedented in its positive qualities and set of benefits operation was developed, with use of skin flap from the anterior surface of the neck, including the infrahyoid muscles, at different extents of resection or complete removal of the tongue.
Conclusion. The positive functional and aesthetic results of surgical treatment of tongue cancer with high oncological reliability were obtained.
1. Zlokachestvennye novoobrazovaniya v Rossii v 2013 godu (zabolevaemost' i smertnost').Ed. HELL. Caprin AD, Starinskaya VV, Petrova GV. M .: MNIOI im. PA Herzena, 2015. (In Russ.).
2. Paches AI. Opukholi golovy i shei: 5-e izd., dop. i pererab. M.: Prakticheskaya meditsina, 2013. (In Russ.).
3. Rekonstruktivnye operatsii pri opukholyakh golovy i shei. Pod red. Matyakina EG. M.: Verdana, 2009. (In Russ.).
4. Khitrov FM. Atlas plasticheskoi khirurgii. M.: Meditsina, 1984. (In Russ.).
5. Choinzonov EL, Balatskaya LN, Kitsmanyuk ZD, Mukhamedov MR, Dubskii SV. Reabilitatsiya bol'nykh opukholyami golovy i shei. Tomsk: NTL, 2003. (In Russ.).
6. Matyakin EG, Nerobeev AI. Analysis of the face and neck plasty after removal of malignant tumors. Eksperimental'naya i klinicheskaya stomatologiya. M.: Trudy TsNIIS.1978 (8): 76-77. (In Russ.).
7. Matyakin EG, Nerobeev AI. Plastics for defects in the mouth and oropharynx with a skin-muscle flap on the subcutaneous muscle. Stomatologiya.1986 (3):45-48. (In Russ.).
8. J Clin Exp Dent. 2014 Oct 1;6(4):e452-5. doi: 10.4317/jced.51606. eCollection 2014.
9. Stott-Miller M, Chen C, Chuang SC, Lee YC, Boccia S, Brenner H, Cadoni G, Dal Maso L, La Vecchia C, Lazarus P, Levi F, Matsuo K, Morgenstern H, Müller H, Muscat J, Olshan AF, Purdue MP, Serraino D, Vaughan TL, Zhang ZF, Boffetta P, Hashibe M, Schwartz SM. History of diabetes and risk of head and neck cancer: a pooled analysis from the international head and neck cancer epidemiology consortium. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2012;21(2):294–304. doi: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-11-0590
10. World J Surg Oncol. 2014; 12: 259. Published online 2014 Aug 15. doi: 10.1186/1477-7819-12-259
Pismennyy IV, Arhipov VD, Pismennyy VI. Tongue Cancer Surgery Evolution, new Technologies, Rehabilationand Quality of Life. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2016(2):68-71.
Send an online application form to the publicationSend