Stratification of Pregnant Women at Early Gestational Ages by Means of Objectivation of "Physiological Alteration" Factors, Mechanisms of Gestational Adaptation and Fetoplacental Dysfunction
Aim — is the allocation of clinical and pathogenetic variants of early gestosis in pregnant women based on clinical manifestations and markers of leading pathogenetic syndromes of gestational maladjustment.
Materials and methods. 45 healthy pregnant women and 160 pregnant women with early morning sickness of varying severity were examined in the 1st trimester of gestation. The comparison group consisted of 33 healthy non-pregnant women. The survey included assessment of clinical symptoms, identification of the markers of inflammatory response, energy balance of reproductive system, functional activity of the endometrium, vascular endothelial and hemostatic disorders, and blood biochemical indices.
Results. The study enabled quantitative objectivation of the factors of “physiological damage” and “the mechanisms of gestational adaptation” during physiological gestation, defining fetoplacental dysfunction as the key link of maladjustment in early pregnancy. The prevalence of pathogenetic mechanisms of the formation of early pregnancy toxicosis determined the allocation of 4 clinical-pathogenetic variants of the course of this complication of gestation.
Conclusion. Differentiated approach to clinical and laboratory manifestations of early gestosis in pregnant women, taking into account the variants of the clinical course of this complication and severity assessment, enables targeted therapy and predicting the risk of development of severe forms and late obstetric complications, reduces the risk of adverse perinatal outcomes.
1. Strizhakov AN, Lipatov IS, Tezikov YuV. Placentarnaya nedostatochnost': Patogenez. Prognozirovanie. Diagnostika. Profilaktika. Akusherskaya taktika. Samara: OFORT 2014 (In Russ).
2. Bicadze VO, Makacarija AD, Hizroeva DH, Makacarija NA, Jashenina EV. Thrombophilia as a key link in the pathogenesis of pregnancy complications. Prakticheskaja medicina. 2012; 5(60): 22-29. (In Russ).
3. Suhih GT, Van'ko LV. Immune factors in the etiology and pathogenesis of pregnancy complications. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya. 2012(1): 128-136. (In Russ).
4. Govoruhina EM, Ivanov IP. Principles of pathogenetic treatment of vomiting in pregnant women. Voprosy ohrany materinstva. 2005; 5: 47-51. (In Russ).
5. Banoo E., Sharifi F., Badamchizaden Z., Hossein-Nezhad A. et al. Association of metabolic syndrome with inflammatory mediators in women with previous gestational diabetes mellitus. Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders. 2013(12): 8. DOI: 10.1186/2251-6581-12-8.
6. Walsh JM, McGowan CA, Byrne JA, Rath A. et al. The association between TNF-a and insulin resistance in englycemic women. Citokine. 2013; 64(1): 208-212. DOI: 10.1016/j.cyto.2013.07.001.
7. Ignatko IV, Gonijanc GG. Prophylaxis of reproductive loss and placental insufficiency in pregnant women with early gestational toxicosis. Voprosy ginekologii, akusherstva i perinatologii. 2008; 7 (6): 25-32. (In Russ).
8. Gricak EE, Rogozhina IE. Character of systemic metabolic disorders in early pregnancy toxicosis. Fundamental'nye issledovanija. 2010; 9: 101-114. (In Russ).
9. Strizhakov AN, Lipatov IS, Tezikov JuV. Complex assessment of severity of chronic placental insufficiency. Akusherstvo i ginekologija. 2012; 3: 20-25. (In Russ).
10. Strizhakov AN, Tezikov JuV., Lipatov IS, Agarkova IA, Sharypova MA. Pathogenetic objectivation of diagnosis and pre-gestational prophylaxis of fetoplacental dysfunction. Voprosy ginekologii, akusherstva i perinatologii. 2012; 1 (11): 5-11. (In Russ).
11. Trombogemorragicheskie oslozhnenija v akushersko-ginekologicheskoj praktike: Rukovodstvo dlja vrachej. Pod red. A.D. Makacarii. M. 2011; 1056 . (In Russ).
12. Mor G, Gardenas I, Abrahams V, Guller S. Inflammation and pregnancy: the role of the immune system at the implantation site. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2011; 1221(1): 80-87. DOI: 10.1111/j.1749-6632.2010.05938.x
13. Kwak-Kim J, Park JC, Ahn HK, Kim JW, Gilman-Sachs A. Immunological modes of pregnancy loss. American Journal of Reproductive Immunology. 2010; 63(6): 611-623. DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-0897.2010.00847.x
14. Strizhakov AN, Tezikov JuV, Lipatov IS, Agarkova IA. Clinical relevance of trophoblast-induced apoptosis of immune competent cells in feto-maternal disease. Voprosy ginekologii, akusherstva i perinatologii. 2011; 6 (10): 26-31. (In Russ).
15. Kotel'nikov GP, Shpigel' AS. Dokazatel'naya medicina. Nauchno-obosnovannaya medicinskaya praktika. M: GEHOTAR-Media. 2012; 210-222. (in Russ.)
Tezikov YuV, Lipatov IS, Kalinkina OB, Gogel LYu, Belokoneva TS, Martynova NV, Zhernakova EV, Yusupova RR, Mingalieva LK. Stratification of Pregnant Women at Early Gestational Ages by Means of Objectivation of "Physiological Alteration" Factors, Mechanisms of Gestational Adaptation and Fetoplacental Dysfunction. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2016(4):6-13.
Send an online application form to the publicationSend