The Peculiarities of the Immunological Disorders at Vibration Disease
Aim — to study the state of cellular immunity and cytokine profile at vibration disease due to exposure to local and general vibration, taking into account the severity of the disease.
Assessing the role of immunological changes in the pathogenesis of vibration disease.
Material and methods. The study involved 84 patients with various forms and severity of vibration disease due to exposure to local and general vibration.
The control group included 30 people who did not have contact with occupational hazards at work and who were recognized as healthy according to a complete physical examination.
Diagnosis was based on occupational history, sanitary characteristics of working conditions (work in contact with local or general vibration, the vibration levels excessing maximum acceptable level for more than 15 years), full clinical functional screening and instrumental examination of patients.
Methods of immunological study included determination of subpopulations of lymphocytes, levels of cytokines IL-1β, IL-4, IL-8, tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α) in serum by ELISA. Statistical processing of the data was performed using SPSS software package 21.
Results. The study revealed a significant decrease in helper (CD4+) and suppressor (CD8+) subpopulations of lymphocytes, increase of concentration of pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1β, IL-8, TNF-α; reduction in anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-4 in patients with vibration disease compared with the control group, regardless of the type of vibration, but more pronounced at the second degree of vibration disease due to general vibration.
Revealed changes are indicative of the activation of inflammatory processes, violation of immunological reactivity, the presence of cytokine imbalance as the effect of exposure to occupational vibration.
Conclusion. The study of the immunological profile (cellular link, cytokine profile) at vibration disease opens up prospects for rehabilitation and treatment of patients with this pathology, and also elaborates our knowledge of the pathogenesis of this disease.
1. Izmerov NF. Preservation and strengthening of employees’ health as the basis of social policy and modernization of economy of Russia. Materialy Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem 19–20 maya 2011. Kazan, 2011. P 21-24. (In Russ.).
2. Retnev V. Оccupational diseases: current state, problems and improving diagnostics. Safety in Technosphere. 2014(3): 40-44. (In Russ.). doi.org/10.12737/5314
3. Mukhin NA, Kosarev VV, Babanov SA, Fomin VV. Professional'nye bolezni. M.: Geotar-Media, 2016. (In Russ.).
4. Abrametz EA, Lakhman OL, Kudaeva IV. Some aspects of immune response of patients at vibration disease of various degrees of intensity. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologia, 2007, 11: 30-33. (In Russ.).
5. Abrametz EA, Lakhman OL, Davydova NS, Kostritsa NL. Characteristics of biochemical and immunological values at local vibration. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologia, 2005(8): 88-90. (In Russ.).
6. Azovskova TA, Lavrentieva NE. Modern views of pathogenesis of vibration disease due to local vibration. Sanitarny vrach, 2012 (11): 35-39. (In Russ.).
7. Bodienkova GM, Ivanskaya TI, Lizarev AV. Immunopathogenesis of vibration disease. Bulletin VCNC SO RAMS, 2006, 49 (3):72-77. (In Russ.).
8. Kapustnik VA, Arkhipkina OL. Immune changes in patients with vibration disease. Mezhdunarodny meditsinsky zhurnal, 2010(3):53-55. (In Russ.).
9. Kozlov V.A. Some aspects of cytokine problems. Tsytokiny i vospaleniye, 2002(1):51. (In Russ.).
10. Polyakova LA, Kapustnik VA. Content of endothelial factors in the blood serum of patients with vegetative-sensor polyneuropathy at vibration disease. Vestnik problem biologii i meditsiny, 2009(4): 92-94. (In Russ.).
11. Profile: Material Sciences Corporation Noise & Vibration Worldwide July 2007 38:21-22, doi: 10.1260/0957-45220.127.116.11
12. Aleshechkina E., Bogoslovskaya S. Pathogenetic aspects of violation of bone remodeling at patients with a vibration illness (disease), ways of pharmacological correction. Journal Article published 8 Jun 2014 in Actual directions of scientific researches of the XXI century: theory and practice volume 2 issue 3 on pages 23 to 26. doi.org/10.12737/4563
13. Rebrova OYu. Statisticheskii analiz meditsinskikh dannykh. Primenenie paketa prikladnykh programm STATISTICA. MediaSfera; 2002. (In Russ.).
Babanov SA, Azovskova TA, Baraeva RA. The Peculiarities of the Immunological Disorders at Vibration Disease. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2016(4):41-46.
Send an online application form to the publicationSend