Influence of Medico-Social Risk Factors on Psychoemotical State and Self-esteem of Female Patients of Reproductive Age with Tubercolosis of the Respiratory System
Aim — to study the influence of medical and social risk factors on the psychoemotional state and self-esteem of female patients of reproductive age with tuberculosis of the respiratory system.
Material and methods. The main group consisted of 93 women aged 18-44 with tuberculosis of the respiratory system who received treatment in one of the anti-tuberculosis institutions of the Nizhny Novgorod region in 2013. The comparison group consisted of 82 almost healthy women of the corresponding age. To assess the psychoemotional state, we carried out a survey using the SUM test method (state of health, activity, mood); to evaluate personality traits – the test «Self-assessment of the personality» by O.I. Motkov. The questionnaire included additional questions of medical and social nature.
Results. It was proven that the presence of unfavorable medical and social risk factors in this category of patients causes a decrease in self-evaluation of the positive aspects of the personality, and has a negative impact on the psychoemotional state of patients, causing poor health (lowest evaluated), low activity, bad mood. In the course of long-term treatment, women feel tired and exhausted. Among the medical and social risk factors that have adverse impact on the psychoemotional state and self-esteem of women, the following factors should be highlighted: low level of education, poor financial situation, lack of awareness about prophylaxis of tuberculosis, intense interpersonal relationships in the family, frequent exposure to stress and rueful feelings, irregularity of the prophylactic chest X-ray examinations, violation of the work-rest regime, dietary regimen and quality of nutrition, the history of tubercular contact and incarceration.
Conclusion. The results of the research demonstrate the need for developing and implementation of measures of providing psychological assistance to the female patients of reproductive age with active tuberculosis of the respiratory system, as well as new approaches to the prevention of this disease, based on established psychological risk factors for the emergence of tuberculous process and its recurrence.
1. Kulakov SА. Osnovypsihosomatiki. SPb., 2005. (In Russ.).
2. Malkina-Pykh IG. Psihosomatika: Spravochnikprakticheskogopsihologa. M., Medicinа, 2005. (In Russ.).
3. Siresina NN, Streltsov VV, Stolbun YuV, Seltsovskij PP. Psychosomatic characteristics of patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Tuberkulez i bolezni legkih. 2007;(10):47–51. (In Russ.).
4. Streltsov VV, Zolotova NV, Baranova GV, Akhtjamova АА, Kharitonova NYu, Vasilyeva IА. Features of psychological assistance to patients with pulmonary tuberculosis in the phase of intensive chemotherapy (in the hospital). Tuberkuleziboleznilegkih. 2014;(2):22–27. (In Russ.)
5. Suhova ЕV. The need for psychological adjustment in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Problemy tuberkuleza. 2004;(10):34–36. (In Russ.).
6. Bühl A., Zöfel P. SPSS: iskusstvo obrabotki informacii. Platinum Edition. SPb,:DiaSoftYUP Publ.; 2005. (In Russ.).
Rusanovskaya GF, Shprykov AS, Pavlunin AV. Influence of Medico-Social Risk Factors on Psychoemotical State and Self-esteem of Female Patients of Reproductive Age with Tubercolosis of the Respiratory System. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2017;2(6):60-65.
Send an online application form to the publicationSend