Brain-Computer Interface: Fundamental and Clinical Aspects of Development and Implication of the Technology
The article discusses the results of the III International Scientific and Practical Conference "Brain-Computer Interface: Science and Practice. Samara — 2017 ". The review covers the scientific studies dealing with fundamental and applied aspects of brain research and development of brain-computer interfaces (BCI) presented at the conference by leading domestic and foreign scientists.
Clinical application of BCI is discussed in terms of neurorehabilitation of patients with motor and speech disorders, as well as the possibility of its use in diagnosis and correction of psychiatric diseases and disorders.
1. Boundy-Singer ZM, Saal HP, Bensmaia SJ. Speed invariance of tactile texture perception. Journal of Neurophysiology, October 2017;Vol.118(4):2371—2377. doi: 10.1152/jn.00161.2017
2. Sanchez-Vives MV, D’Andola M, Boada-Collado P, Giulioni M, Weinert JF. Electrical modulation of cerebral cortex activity: Mechanisms and applications. Biosystems and Biorobotics. 2017;(Vol.15):1409—1411. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-46669-9_231
3. Rovira A, Slater M. Reinforcement Learning as a tool to make people move to a specific location in Immersive Virtual Reality. International Journal of Human Computer Studies. February 2017;Vol. 98(1):89—94. doi: 10.1016/j.ijhcs.2016.10.007
4. Lebedev MA. Commentary: Cortical activity in the null space: Permitting preparation without movement. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 13 September 2017; Vol.11(SEP), doi:10.3389/fnins.2017.00502
5. Arnon S, Dahan N, Koren A, Friedman D, Bachelet I. Thought-controlled nanoscale robots in a living host. International IEEE/EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering, NER. August 2016;Vol.11(8). doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0161227
6. Clausen J, Fetz E, Donoghue J, Birbaumer N, Soekadar SR. Help, hope, and hype: Ethical dimensions of neuroprosthetics. Science. 30 June 2017;Vol.356(6345):1338—1339. doi:10.1126/science.aam7731
7. Kotov SV, Turbina LG, Bobrov PD, Frolov AA, Kurganskaya ME, Biryukova EV. Rehabilitation of stroke patients with a bioengineered “brain–computer interface with exoskeleton” system. Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology. 1 June 2016;Vol. 46(5):518—522. doi:10.1007/s11055-016-0270-5
8. Vasilyev A, Liburkina S, Yakovlev L, Perepelkina O, Kaplan A. Assessing motor imagery in brain-computer interface training: Psychological and neurophysiological correlates. J. Neuropsychologia. Pergamon Press Ltd. (United Kingdom). 1 March 2017;Vol. 97: 56—65. doi:10.1016/j.neuropsychologia.2017.02.005
9. Zubarev I, Klucharev V, Ossadtchi A, Moiseeva V, Shestakova A. MEG signatures of a perceived match or mismatch between individual and group opinions. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 2017;Vol.11(JAN). doi:10.3389/fnins.2017.00010
10. Pyatin VF, Kolsanov AV, Segreeva MS, Korovina ES, Zakharov AV. Changes in patterns of sensorimotor EEG rhythms during motor imagery. Science and Innovations in Medicine. 2016;(1):46—51. (In Russ.).
Kolsanov AV, Avdeeva EV. Brain-Computer Interface: Fundamental and Clinical Aspects of Development and Implication of the Technology. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2017;4(8):6—12.
Send an online application form to the publicationSend