Emotional Burnout Syndrome Among Physicians and Teachers of Higher Education
The burnout syndrome is becoming increasingly important especially in the conditions of social and psychological tension in the society. Health workers and teachers are at very high risk of it’s possessing.
Aim — the study of the severity of burnout syndromeamong different categories of medical staff and teachers of higher education and the development of proposals for its prevention.
Materials and methods. By the method of K. Maslach and S. Jackson using a special questionnaire the data on the burnout syndrome severity of such manifestation as emotional exhaustion in doctors, nurses (working in the city polyclinic, hospital, commercial medical organization) and teachers of the medical Universitywas studied. The total number of examined persons is 100 people.
Results and discussion.The low attrition rate was presented in 37.0% cases; medium – in 44.0%; high – in 19,0%. The most marked signs were determined as emotional exhaustion among persons under 40 years of age, with an experience of up to 10 years; among those working in a polyclinic, teachers and nurses.
Conclusion. On the basis of the data obtained, the measures for the prevention of burnout syndrome were proposed.
1. MakarovaTA. Sindromemotsional'nogovygoraniya.M.:Rech', 2010. (InRuss.).
2. Kmit KV, Popov YuV. Emotional burnout, not related to professional stress.Obozrenie psikhiatrii i meditsinskoi psikhologii.2013;3:3—10. (In Russ.).
3. Semenova NV, Vialtsin AS, Avdeev DB, Kuzyukova AV, Martynova ТS. The emotional burnout among medicians. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya. 2017;2.(In Russ.).
4. Bulygina VG, Petelina AS. Emotional burnout in General and forensic psychiatric specialists (analytical review).Rossiiskii psikhiatricheskii zhurnal.2013;6:24—30. (In Russ.).
5. Chutko LG, Kozina NV.Sindrom emotsional'nogo vygoraniya. Klinicheskie i psikhologicheskie aspekty. M.: MEDpressinform, 2014. (In Russ.).
6. Duru E, Duru S, Balkis MS. Analysis of relationships among burnout, academic performance, and self regulation. Educational Sciences: Theory and Practice. 2014;146:1274—1283.
7. Kozin VA, Agibalov TV. Syndrome of emotional burnout: misses, theory, prevention, prospects of research. Nevrologicheskii vestnik. 2013;2:44—52.(In Russ.).
8. Vodop'yanovaNE, StarchenkovEC. Sindromvygoraniya: diagnostikaiprofilaktika.SPb.: Piter, 2009. (In Russ.).
9. Gleichgerrht E, Decety J. Empaty in clinical practice: How individual disposition gender, and experience moderate empatic concern, burnout, and emotional distress in physicians. Plus One. 2013;8:e61526.
10. Romaci M, Ashker K. Burnout among physicians. Lybia J. of Medicine. 2014;19:23556.
11. Tzier A. Work stress and turnover intentions among hospital physicians: The mediating role of burnout and work satisfaction. J.ofworkandorganizationalpsychology. 2015;31:207—213.
12. PlotkinSF. Burnout: phantomorreality?Teoriyaipraktikaokhranypsikhicheskogozdorov'ya. 2015;1(1):121—141. (InRuss.).
13. BoykoVV. Energiyaemotsiivobshchenii: vzglyadnasebyainadrugikh. M.: Informatsionno-izdatel'skii dom «Filin"», 2015(In Russ.).
14. Raygorodskiy DJ eds.Prikladnayapsikhodiagnostika: metodyitesty. Uchebnoeposobie.Samara: Bakhrakh, 2008. (InRuss.).
Petrova NG, Murzenko OV. Emotional Burnout Syndrome Among Physicians and Teachers of Higher Education. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2018;2(10):26—29.
Send an online application form to the publicationSend