The Innovative Approach to Study of the Levator Ani Anatomy
Aim — to study the structure of levator animuscle in men and women of the first and second adult periods and elder group according to CTscan.
Materials and methods. Data from CTscansof 40 patients aged 20 to 70 years were used. In the "Autoplan" system, in the semi-automatic mode, threedimensional models of levator animuscle were created.
Results. Three-dimensional models of levator animusclewere created and described: for young women and men of all ages, a keel-shaped and funnel-shaped levator animuscleforms; and for women of advanced age – horseshoe form.
1. Ashton-Miller J. Functional anatomy of the Female Pelvic Floor. AnnalsoftheNYAcademyofsciences1101, 2007;266–296.
2. Miroshnikov VM. Promezhnost' cheloveka: anatomo-embriologicheskiye i klinicheskiye aspekty. Astrakhan': AGMA, 2001. (InRuss.).
3. GutikovaLV.Prolapseofthegenitals: modernpresentation.ZhurnalGrodnenskogogosudarstvennogomeditsinskogouniversiteta. 2012;1:86—89. (InRuss.).
4. Gutikova LV. The treatment tactics of patients with genital prolapse and features of surgical interventions. ARS medica (urologiya i uroginekologiya). 2010;10(30):163—168. (In Russ.).
5. Janda S. Biomechanics of the pelvic floor musculature. The Netherlands, 2006:192.
6. Torsten B. Moeller, Emil Reif. Atlas sektsionnoi anatomii 2 tom. Izd. vtoroe pererabotannoe. New York, 2011:213. (In Russ.).
Chemidronov SN, Suvorova GN, Chicheva IS, Zelter PM, Bakharev DV. The Innovative Approach to Study of the Levator Ani Anatomy. Science & Innovations in Medicine.2018;2(10):6—9.
Send an online application form to the publicationSend