The Results of Cytoreductive Operations in Patients with Colorectal Cancer with Simultaneous Liver Polymetastases
Aim — to improve the long-term results of cytoreductive treatment of patients with simultaneousmultiple bilobar liver metastases of colorectal cancer by the use of RFTA.
Material and methods.The study presents the results of treatment of 168 patients diagnosed with colorectal cancer of stage IV with simultaneous bilobar metastases in the liver. In the main group, cytoreductive tumor removal was accompanied by radiofrequency thermal ablation (RFTA) of metastatic formations. In the control group only the primary tumor was removed.
Results. The use of RFTA during cytoreductive surgery does not worsen the immediate results of surgical treatment, in comparison with patients, where the effect on liver metastases has not been performed, but allows to increase medians of uneventful and overall survival from 9 and 22 months to 17 and 29 months, respectively.
Conclusions.The use of RFTA for simultaneous multiple bilobar metastases in the liver during cytoreductive surgery makes it possible to achieve 22.7% of the three-year uneventfulness and 4.3% of the five-year overall survival.
1. Kaprin AD, Vozdvizhensky MO. Surgical resection of metastases of colorectal cancer in the liver. Onkologiya.2013;8:14—17.(InRuss.).
2. ChissovVI. StarinskiyVV, PetrovaGV. Sostoyanie onkologicheskoi pomoshchi naseleniyu Rossii v 2004 godu.M., 2005. (In Russ.).
3. Vozdvizhensky MO. Modern approaches to surgical treatment of metastases of colorectal cancer in the liver. Voprosy onkologii. 2012;6(58):808—811.(In Russ.).
4. Jones R, Tang J, Pathak S et al. Systematic review of ablation therapies for the treatment of unresectable colorectal liver metastases. HPB. 2011;13(2):83–84.
5. Karoui M, Roudot-Thoraval F, Mesli F. Primary colectomy in patients with stage IV colon cancer and unresectable distant metastases improves overall survival: results of a multicentric study. Dis. Colon. Rectum. 2011;54(8):930–938.
6. Kaganov OI, Kozlov SV, KutyrevaYuG et al. Results of radiofrequency ablation in the palliative treatment of colorectal liver metastases.Vrach skoroi pomoshchi.2011;10:46—49.(In Russ.).
7. Ionkin DA, Kungurtsev SV, Chzhao AV. Stages of development of cryosurgery. Vysokotekhnologicheskaya meditsina. 2014;1:4—15.(In Russ.).
8. Skipenko OG, Bedjanian AL, Polishchuk LO. The role of prognostic models in the surgery of metastatic colorectal liver cancer. Khirurgiya. 2015;12:56—64.(In Russ.).
9. Patyutko YuI, Kotelnikov AG, Mamontov KG et al. Gemigepatektomiya in the treatment of patients with resectable metastases of colorectal cancer in the liver with an unfavorable prognosis.Voprosy onkologii. 2015;3:439—447.(InRuss.).
10. Kaganov OI, Kozlov SV. Radiofrequency thermal ablation in the treatment of multiple bilobar metastases of colorectal cancer in the liver. Koloproktologiya. 2015;(S1):73a—73b.(In Russ.).
11. Sidorov DV, Lozhkin MV, Petrov LO et al. Methods for assessing the functional status of the liver when planning anatomical resections for primary and metastatic tumors: the current state of the problem, own experience and perspectives.Issledovaniya i praktika v meditsine. 2015;2(1):13—20. (In Russ.).
12. Barsukov YuA, Aliev VA, Rasulov AO, Margaryan AG Modern treatment options for metastatic colorectal cancer. Bulletin of the Russian State Medical University N.N. Blokhin". 2015;26(1):15—22. (InRuss.).
13. Kosyrev VY, Dolgushin BI. Radiofrequency thermoablation in the treatment of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and metastases of colorectal cancer in the liver. Meditsinskaya radiologiya i radiatsionnaya bezopasnost'. 2011;2:68—81.(In Russ.).
Kozlov SV, Kaganov OI, Orlov AE, Kozlov AM. The Results of Cytoreductive Operations in Patients with Colorectal Cancer with Simultaneous Liver Polymetastases. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2018;2(10):54—59.
Send an online application form to the publicationSend