Endovenous Lazer Coagulation: Long-Term Result – Criterion of Truth
Objectives - to study the long-term results of endovenous laser coagulation in patients with varicose veins of the lower extremities.
Material and methods.The study included 241 patients with varicose disease of the lower limbs veins, who underwent surgical treatment using the method of endovenous laser coagulation.
Results. The technical success of the operation was achieved in all cases, which was confirmed by color duplex scanning. There were no intraoperative complications. Long-term outcome was studied in 174 (72.2%) patients in the period up to 5 years. During the follow-up period the GSV occlusion signs were detected in 168 (96.4%) patients, partial recanalization of the GSV was registered in 6 (3.5%) patients.
Conflict of Interest: nothing to disclose.
1. Malakhov YuS, Aver'yanov DA, Ivanov AV. Endovenous laser coagulation as the surgical treatment of varicose disease: main advantages. Angiologiya i sosudistaya khirurgiya. 2011;17(4):77-82.(In Russ.).
2. СавельевВ.С. Флебология: руководстводляврачей. Под. ред. В.С. Савельева. М.: Медицина, 2005. [Savel'ev VS. Phlebology: treatment guidelines. Edited by Savel'ev VS. M.: Meditsina, 2005. (In Russ.).
3. Chernookov AI, Kotaev AYu, Vakhrat'yan PE, Nikolaev AM. Surgical treatment of varicose disease of saphenous vein branches. Angiologiya i sosudistaya khirurgiya.2013;19(4):77-81.(InRuss.).
4. ShaidakovEV, IlyukhinEA, PetukhovAV. Saphenous veins endovasal laser obliteration – mechanism of action. Angiologiya i sosudistaya khirurgiya. 2012;18(1):148-156.(In Russ.).
5. Nazarenko GN, Kungurtsev VV, Sidorenko VI, Kuchin GA. Veins endovasal coagulation with high-energy laser (Nd:Yag) in lower limbs varicose disease treatment. Flebologiya. 2008;2(3):10-15.(In Russ.).
6. Proebstle TM, Moehler N, Herdemann S.Reduced recanalization rates of the great saphenous vein after endovenous laser treatment with increased energy dosing: definition of a threshold for the endovenous fluence equivalent. J. Vase Surg. 2006;44(4):834-839.
7. Mekano A, Hatfild J, Bree J. Combined endovenous laser therapy and ambulatory phlebectomy: refinement of a new technique. Eur. J. Vasc. Endovasc. Surg. 2006;32(6):725-729.
8. Vuylsteke M. Endovenous laser treatment: a morphological study in an animal model. Phlebology. 2009;24(4):75-166.
ShalashovAG, Kazantsev AV. Endovenous Lazer Coagulation: Long-Term Result – Criterion of Truth. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2018;4(12):27—30.
Send an online application form to the publicationSend