Process approach to management of patients with proximal femur fracture in city out-patient hospital
Objectives – to analyze the results of process approach to managing patients with proximal femur fracture during one year after the injury, in primary health care center.
Materials and methods. We compared the clinical data of patients with proximal femur fracture before the implementation of process management in primary health care and after it. The total number of patients was 233. We used statistical, analytical research methods, as well as organizational modeling.
Results. The active use of process approach in the clinic resulted in statistically significant improvement in patients' complete rehabilitation, reduction of the number of local and general complications, and decrease of mortality rate during the first year after the injury from 35.2% to 8.5%.
Conclusion. At the stage of primary health care, a step-by-step algorithm, which activates the patients effectively by involving a surgeon, a therapist and the patient's relatives in the rehabilitation process, contributes to mortality reduction, improvement of treatment and rehabilitation results.
Conflict of Interest: nothing to disclose.
1. Starodubov VI, Son IM, Skvirskaya GP, et al. Characteristics of the network of medical institutions and security personnel. Menedzher zdravookhraneniya. 2016;(3):6–15. (In Russ.).
2. Nazarkina IM, Suslin SA, Fedoseeva LS. Information and analytical system as a tool for managing the quality of medical care on an outpatient basis. Glavvrach. 2017;(5-6):34–39. (In Russ.).
3. Voroncova TN, Bogopol'skaya AS, Chyornyj AZh, Shevchenko SB. The structure of the contingent of patients with fractures of the proximal femur and the calculation of the average annual need for emergency surgical treatment. Travmatologiya i ortopediya Rossii. 2016;(1):7–20. (In Russ.). doi: 10.21823/2311-2905-2016-0-1-7-20
4. Saakyan S, Zakroeva AG, Galstyan R, et al. Epidemiological study of low-energy fractures in the Republic of Armenia. Travmatologiya i ortopediya Rossii. 2017;23(1):153–162. (In Russ.). doi: 10.21823/2311-2905-2017-23-1-153-162
5. Klyuchevskij VV, Belov MV, Bystrov SV, Serov IA. Organization of the correct treatment of patients with fractures of the proximal femur. Travmatologiya i ortopediya Rossii. 2014;(2):107–111. (In Russ.).
6. Kochish AYu, Mironenko AN, Lasunskij SA, Stafeev DV. Possibilities of pharmacological correction of postmenopausal osteoporosis in patients with extraarticular fractures of the proximal femur. Travmatologiya i ortopediya Rossii. 2011;(2):50–56. (In Russ.). doi: 10.21823/2311-2905-2011-0-2-50-56
7. Savincev AM, Petrov VA. Conservative treatment of medial femoral neck fractures. Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskoj gosudarstvennoj medicinskoj akademii im. I.I. Mechnikova. 2009;(1):183–186. (In Russ.).
Nazarkina IM, Suslin SA, Khmelevskikh OV, Fedoseev MM, Bratiychuk AN, Izmalkov SN. Process approach to management of patients with proximal femur fracture in city out-patient hospital. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2019;4(3):46-49. doi: 10.35693/2500-1388-2019-4-3-46-49
Send an online application form to the publicationSend