Features of microcirculation and effectiveness of conservative therapy in exacerbation of chronic tonsillitis
Objectives – to study the characteristics of microcirculation in patients with chronic tonsillitis, caused by Streptococcus pyogenes with confirmed sensitivity to the group of inhibitor-protected penicillins.
Material and methods. The study of micro vascular blood flow in the tonsils was performed with laser Doppler flowmetry, using the multifunctional diagnostic complex "LAKK-M" (Russia, 2010).
Results. The analysis of the microcirculation parameters of patients in group I showed significant changes in the functioning of their micro vascular blood flow, if compared to patients in the control group. The intensity of blood flow in the tonsils was significantly less in the individuals with low sensitivity to antibacterial therapy.
Conclusion. 1. In case of the clinical inefficacy of the antibacterial therapy in patients with microflora, sensitive in vitro to the same antibiotics, it is necessary to study the microcirculation in their tonsils. 2. Perfusion indicators can be used as an additional express-criterion for predicting the effectiveness of the conservative therapy. 3. If there is a significant change in the micro vascular blood flow, it is necessary to consider the possibility of surgical treatment of patients with chronic tonsillitis.
Conflict of Interest: nothing to disclose.
1. Lysov NA, Supilnikov AA, Pribytkov DL. Computer capillaroscopy in the rehabilitation of patients with obliterating diseases of the arteries of the lower extremities. Innovative technologies of rehabilitation: science and practice. Collection of articles of the II International Scientific Conference. 2019:233–239. (In Russ.).
2. Pribytkov DL, Supilnikov AA, Starostina AA, et al. Assessing the microcirculatory bed of the lower extremities in patients with obliterating endarteritis. Vestnik of Medical Institute ''REAVIZ''. 2018;1:58–62. (In Russ.).
3. Mirzoeva EZ, Portenko EG, Shmatov GP. Informational profile of the diseases of the pharynx: chronic tonsillitis and chronic pharyngitise. Russian Otorhinolaryngology. 2015;3(76):84–94. (In Russ.).
4. Brin AV, Tokar VB, Mirzoeva EZ. Surgery characteristics of the symptoms of chronic tonsillitis and chronic pharingitise for improving their differential diagnostics. Tver Medical Journal. 2016;2:41–44. (In Russ.).
5. Kuznetsova VS, Kholodina OS, Mirzoeva EZ, Vashnevskaya NA. Diagnostic assessment of the significance of the symptoms of chronic tonsillitis and chronic pharyngitise through information technology. Tver Medical Journal. 2018;5:39–40. (In Russ.).
Ovchinnikov AY, Burenkov ES. Features of microcirculation and effectiveness of conservative therapy in exacerbation of chronic tonsillitis. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2019;4(4):21-24. doi: 10.35693/2500-1388-2019-4-4-21-24
Send an online application form to the publicationSend