The main aspects of improvement of emergency medical care for patients with acute coronary syndrome
Objectives – to develop the main strategies of emergency medical care improvement for patients with acute coronary syndrome, in order to to reduce the morbidity and mortality in the population of a large industrial region.
Material and methods. The study was conducted on the basis of the Moscow regional ambulance station. We used the the content analysis, logical, system analysis, the method of mathematical statistics.
Results. In the period 2017-2018, in the region's population, there is a tendency for decrease in the number of calls for ambulance teams caused by acute coronary syndrome. During the analyzed period, we noticed the reduction of the number of cases of pre-hospital thrombolytic therapy (by 17.5%). The response time to the patient's call not more than 20 minutes was observed in 92.9% of cases, the number of lethal outcomes in presence of the ambulance team decreased by 4. 6%. The results can be explained by the dynamic development of the infrastructure of cities and districts of the Moscow Region, by the improvement of road networks, by the complete renewal of the service's motor vehicle fleet, and by the opening of a number of new specialized medical institutions. A set of medical and organizational measures has been developed and put into practice in the ambulance service of the region, aimed at further improvement of the system of ambulance care for patients with acute coronary syndrome at the prehospital stage.
Conclusion.The mortality reduction, preservation and improvement of public health can be achieved only through the comprehensive sustainable development of the region’s infrastructure, improvement of the organizational structure of the emergency medical service, mandatory use of algorithms and standards for the provision of medical care to patients at all stages.
Conflict of Interest: nothing to disclose.
1. WHO Newsletter No. 317. January 2015. (In Russ.). http://www.whogis.com/mediacentre/factsheets/fs317/ru
2. Shal'nova SA, Konradi AO, Karpov YuA, et al. Analysis of mortality from cardiovascular diseases in 12 regions of the Russian Federation participating in the study "Epidemiology of cardiovascular diseases in various regions of Russia". Rossiiskii kardiologicheskii zhurnal. 2012;3(97);6-11. (In Russ.).
3. Russia in numbers-2018: Summary of statistics. Ed. Surinov AE. M.: Rosstat; 2018. (In Russ.).
4. Public Health and Healthcare: textbook for medical students. Ed. Minyaev VA, Vishnyakov NI. M.: MEDpress-inform; 2004. (In Russ.).
5. Federal law of the Russian Federation No. 323-Ф3 of November 21, 2011 "On the basics of health protection of citizens of the Russian Federation”. (In Russ.). http://www.rosminzdrav.ru/documents/7025federalnyy-zakon-323-fz-ot-21-noyabrya2011-g
6. Order of the Ministry of health and social development of the Russian Federation dated August 19, 2009 No. 599н, Moscow "On approval of the Procedure for providing planned and emergency medical care to the population of the Russian Federation for diseases of the circulatory system of cardiological profile”. Rossiiskaya gazeta. 30.09.2009 № 5007. (In Russ.).
7. Order of the Ministry of health of the Russian Federation dated November 15, 2012 No. 918н, Moscow "On approval of the procedure for providing medical care to patients with cardiovascular diseases” Rossiiskaya gazeta. 25.04.2013 № 6066. (In Russ.).
8. Kaprin AD, Starinskii VV, Petrova GV. State of cancer care in Russia in 2017. M., 2018. (In Russ.).
Breusov AV, Kharchenko VV, Breusov DA. The main aspects of improvement of emergency medical care for patients with acute coronary syndrome. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2019;4(4):33-37. doi: 10.35693/2500-1388-2019-4-4-33-37
Send an online application form to the publicationSend