Use of continuous medical and pharmaceutical education system for cancer alertness formation in practice of otorhinolarynogologists of the Orenburg region
Objectives – to present practical application issues of distance education technologies in the training of health workers for the additional professional development program "Cancer alertness issues in practice of otorhinolaryngologists". The relevance of the program development and implementation in the Orenburg region is of particular importance, due to the fact that the regional cancer morbidity rate exceeds the average value in Russia.
Results. The professional development program was developed by the teaching staff of the Otorhinolaryngology Department of the Orenburg State Medical University and is meant for specialists certificated in "Otorhinolaryngology", "General Medical Practice (Family Medicine)". The program includes training materials, entry level tests that allow determining the specialists' initial knowledge level in the issues of early detection of ENT-organs malignant neoplasms, and the final progress check.
Conclusion. The program allows doctors-otorhinolaryngologists to increase the professional competencies level in the field of malignant neoplasms cancer alertness; it was implemented in the education and information environment of the university on the basis of the "1C: Educational Organization" platform at the beginning of this year.
Conflict of Interest: nothing to disclose.
1. Lavrina NYu, Trushina TD. Statistics of oncological diseases in Russia. Fundamental and applied research: current issues, achievements and innovations. 2017:57–59. (In Russ.).
2. Shmeleva YuS, Zgurskaya AS. The structure and dynamics of the morbidity of the population of the Orenburg region with malignant neoplasms. Sinergiya Nauk. 2019;36:364–369. (In Russ.).
3. Alekseeva MV, Vaulin SV. To the problem of using e-learning and distance learning technologies in continuousmedical education. Smolenskij medicinskij al'manah. 2016;2:51–55. (In Russ.).
4. Volchenko AV, Buyluk NF. Continuing medical education using distance learning technologies as a modern stage of advanced training for medical workers. Sbornik statej mezhdunarodno jnauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii. 2016:108–111. (In Russ.).
5. Lucaj ED. Modern approaches to the organization of the educational process for the formation of cancer alertness among medical workers. Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. 2019;3(221):41–48. (In Russ.). doi.org/10.25198/1814-6457-221-41
Lutsay ED, Anikin MI, Murtazina NI. Use of continuous medical and pharmaceutical education system for cancer alertness formation in practice of otorhinolarynogologists of the Orenburg region. Science & Innovations in Medicine. 2020;5(1):70-72.doi: 10.35693/2500-1388-2020-5-1-70-72
Send an online application form to the publicationSend